Saturday, August 22, 2009

Vicki Davis: Harness Your Students' Digital Smarts

Wow, OK I get it now. School isn't what it once was. It's full of new fun ways to learn with technology. I can not say whether or not I will teach my class fully with this new method, but I do pledge to incorporate some technology within my teaching. Ms. Davis stated that her class taught themselves how to use the software and that she was unaware of how to work the program before they made their presentations. This would definitely reign true with me and my class if I only tried using technology. She also made another very strong point about teachers feeling as though they had to know the answer to every question before they could teach on a subject. I don't believe I will have a problem with this, but I am aware that it is a problem that most teachers face today. The important thing is not that a teacher has an answer for every question, but that if they don't have an answer, they will do further research and be able to answer that question for the student in the future.

The students in Ms. Vicki Davis' class seem to really enjoy themselves and seem like they are actually learning. I think people often forget that that is the real goal if education. Regardless of if its learning on a computer screen or on blackboard. It is vital for not only our youth, but ourselves, to receive the proper education in which all Americans are entitled to. It is a teacher's job to figure out what kind of learning style each student is and to cater to just that.

1 comment:

  1. Maybe finding the answer is not just the responsibility of the teacher but a joint one. Let's (Let US) find the answer.

    ReplyDelete