Saturday, August 29, 2009

Podcast Review/Notes.

My first reaction to podcast was "What?". I have never heard of a podcast before and was confused as to what was the point. After listening to the few that were suggested, I now have a better understanding of what a podcast is all about. They appear to be very helpful for those who are tech literate. Someone who does not spend much time on computers may ask why not just listen to the radio.

A few notes I recorded while reviewing the audio podcast were that they much resemble radio. This stuck out as a pro to me. Not all people enjoy dramatic change. The presents of something familiar is always a sure way to make one's audience grow. The catchy music at the beginning of the SmartBoard Lessons episodes had me interested in what was next to come. When composing my own podcast, I will keep this helpful hint in mind. The breaking down of episodes was also something to keep in mind. It keeps the podcast organized and also serves as a helpful aid to the listeners. They have a way of keeping up with those episodes already heard. The radio friendly voices and kid suitable conversation topics is a really important factor to me. I also noticed the conversations had a very comfortable approach to them. They did not seem to be forced or scripted.

The podcast featured things that were very helpful. Not only were the topics helpful, but most host offered other websites where information could be found. It is also important to have a expert guest on the show. The topics should target a certain audience and the time limits of the conversations should be in accordance with the audience type. Podcast are great for those really interested in forms of learning like this. Some people could be taken back by just the audio version. For my own personal enjoyment, I would be more likely to search for just video podcast.

When composing my own podcast within in a group, I will remember to keep all of my notes in mind. I will try to reach more than one audience and more than one type of learning group. The best way to approach this problem would be to do a video podcast. Listeners can listen and visual learners can also follow along. I would also involve more than just one host. More information is leaked when more than one person is speaking on a subject, it's also a great way to prevent listeners from becoming bored. I'm looking forward to doing my own podcast, but I want to be sure it is done in the up most professional way.

1 comment:

  1. Keep these pointers in mind when you do your podcast. we will practice in Week 6.

    ReplyDelete