Friday, August 21, 2009

Did You Know? by Karl Fisch

"Did You Know?"
"Did You Know?" video had a very up to beat song that kept me paying attention. I did not expect to be reading the whole time, but I can see how that was much more helpful that someone speaking on the film. The film released some very interesting facts that make me understand more why I am taking a class on technology and teachers. My mother told me by the time I entered a classroom it would be no need for lectures. I am beginning to believe that. These technological advances are needed and very helpful, but is making our society more lazy. This statement is evident in the fact that India has more smart kids than does the United States has kids, which was stated in the video.
I am one of few in my generation that is behind in the new and improved forms of technology. I use to not think this until I saw this video and the shocking facts it consisted of. I still prefer doing some things the old fashion way, but I am grateful for the advances in technology. I am positive that by the time I reach my senior citizens years, it will be a cure for most of the problems senior citizens face today.
I realized that cell phones had a big impact on my generation, but i did not realize to what extend this was. I often think, "Oh my God, what did people do before cells phones and phones in general". The video stated that the amount of text messages sent and received a day exceeded the amount of human beings on the planet. This fact is not as surprising as the others, because I know just how much I text in just a hour. I can only imagine the world becoming more tech advanced. It is really exciting to think about all the possibilities the next ten years will hold.

2 comments: