Sunday, August 23, 2009

Mr. Winkle Wakes

The Mr. Winkle Wakes video says what everyone has been thinking in less than three minutes. School sure has not changed since my first day of first grade, and as i listen to my mother and grandmother talk, it has not seemed to have changed from then either. Computers are now more common in learning environments. I am still unsure whether this is good or not. It is a very good tool as far as research and expanding one's knowledge, but it seems to have made humans more lazy. My opinion may stem from not being the most comfortable person in front of a computer, but during the summer I witness my eight years old cousin tell her mother to look up what time a movie stated online. What happen to just calling? But I guess my great-great-great grandmother would have the same outlook on telephones or even on movie theaters.

It just amazes me to think what will be next to change in the next hundred years. The thought that there would be no need for roads anymore seemed to be nothing but space and alien talk, now it doesn't seem so strange. One day there will be something bigger and better than cell phones. I hope I live to see that because I am so fascinated by what they can already do. Also, it would be very strange for me to wake up like Mr. Winkle did. In that setting computers would be a very weird device to understand and get use to.

2 comments:

  1. No roads, only aliens? Wow, what a future!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you. It shouldn't take Mr. Winkle to wake after 100 years to realize how fast technology is increasing. This encouraged me to keep up to date with new and upcoming technology.

    ReplyDelete