Friday, October 2, 2009

Dr. Christie's Website.

A Picture of Dr. Christie
First of I would like to say that it is wonderful that Dr. Christie has been in the education field for forty years. This means she has seen a lot of changes in the way education is administered. The site appears to be very helpful. The first link that catch my attention was was on educational technology. This link had several helpful topics, one being Internet safety. It is always important to be aware of the dangers of the Internet, and when using technology in the class room it should be of top priority.

Technology could be introduced into the classroom, as explained on the website, with the use of electronic portfolios. I am actually already use a similar method in one of my classes. It is a very helpful technique, due to the fact that once I began my own teaching career, I will be able to look back and rely on things learned in the classroom. It is also a way to keep my things organized. This website contains a lot of knowledge and can be a great tool for all educators.

2 comments:

  1. And I've been teaching for 45 years. Actually, can't we still add to Dr. Christie's count? Isn't she still teaching through her web presence?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow thats great that you have been teaching for 45 years. I hope to one day make as big of an impression on students as you are doing!

    ReplyDelete