Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Randy Pausch's Last Lecture

First off I want to say that I enjoyed the lecture overall, but I am not sure what it had to do with the skills we are learning in EDM310. Or maybe I just missed it. Mr. Pausch seems to be a very strong and intelligent man. He made several good quotes and gave many life experiences that people of all ages can learn from. Great presentation.

While listening for the different teaching methods, I was only able to pick up on one. When teaching, you should try to make the difficult task the most fun events. Although, it is important that the concept of being involved in your own learning is not lost. Working in groups is also a very good technique to use. The students involved in his class where actually doing hands on learning, without the expensive textbooks.

Mr. Pausch seemed to have really made an impact on his university. He stated that one can not succeed on their own and I believe he is the kind of professor that is being that "help" that all college students need. He also spoke on never losing site of your childhood dreams. This is GREAT advice. Being a teacher has been a dream of mines since I was in the third grade. I do not know what else it is that I could do with my life.

I am curious to know how Mr. Randy is doing. He would be a great person to chat with on Skype. He seems like a very inspiring person. He could really give us some tips on how to encourage kids to follow their dreams no matter what, exactly as he did. This assignment was a long one, but a great one.
TO VIEW THIS LAST LECTURECLICK HERE

2 comments:

  1. You could Google and find the answer to your question about how Randy.

    And yes, you missed several teaching techniques that can be identified through a close listening to his talk. Try again, if you are really interested which I hope you are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why don't you read the posts of others in this class. That will help you see what you have missed. And don't forget to leave a comment!

    ReplyDelete