Saturday, September 12, 2009

Is It Ok To Be A Technologically Illiterate Teacher?

This really hits home with me. I am by no means proud of the fact that I am technologically illiterate because I am not. I am only 18 and computers and so on are apart of my generation. Your frustration was partly understandable, but I know I am one of those you ask the "depressing questions". Edm 310 is really helping in that area though.

Teachers carry a heavy load, and yes it may be of their last concern to be more technologically literate, but it will be key in the long run. I do not believe that technology is all we need when reaching out to students, as has been the view of so many post and videos reviewed in this class. All together education needs to be updated. Who knows, maybe technology is the ONLY answer.

This is a really good posting and sparked a lot of thought for me. It makes me want to learn even more since I know I am apart of the problem and not the solution.

2 comments:

  1. I am glad it got you to thinking. That is what I hoped would happen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia ora Courtney, Thank you very much for taking the time to comment on the podcast our students published on kpetv.blogspot.com It means such a lot to our students to get feedback from people such as yourself.
    If you want to know more about it from the students, they have made a video to share their thoughts about podcasting here
    http://kpetv.blogspot.com/2008/02/podcasting-with-kpe-in-2007.html
    It may even nudge you a little closer to sharing their point of view - that it is NOT ok to be a technologically illiterate teacher ;)
    And if that one doesn't do it, try this where they created their OWN advertisement for a teacher when their current one was going on maternity leave....
    http://pesroom18.blogspot.com/2009/05/room-18-are-hiring.html

    All the best
    Dorothy
    Auckland, NZ

    ReplyDelete