Sunday, November 22, 2009

Toward A New Future Whatever-Michael Wesch

I have never thought about YouTube as being a "movement". After watching that video, I realize how much I actually use the site. Although it is mostly for music video searches, it can also be an educational site. YouTube can not only be used in a classroom as a research tool, but also a learning tool. Helpful videos such as the one just watched can be viewed by a high school class. As an educator, I could encourage my students to upload educational videos. One could definitely expand their learning network with this technique.
Mr. Wesch is not the first person I have heard call my generation narcissistic and vain, but he is the first to explain this claim in a way in which I can understand. With moderate technology, it is so easy for us to get the smallest task accomplished ten times faster than before. With a mind set that things will always come easy, it is not hard to get wrapped up in a narcissistic personality. This lecture is very thought provoking and has me thinking of ways I can turn my negative narcissistic energy into some positive.
TO VIEW MR. WESCH'S VIDEOCLICK HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment