Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Alabama Learning Exchange (ALEX)

Alex is a resourceful website set up by the state of Alabama to help their educators. It is not only for teachers, but also for students and administrators. ALEX is a tool that allows all aspects of the school to get involved. The first thing to catch my attention on this website was the lesson plan and podcasting sections. For teachers beginning their career, ALEX will be the perfect place for them to start. I am really excited to work with programs like this, for I know I will need as much support as I can get.

I am surprised, but excited, to see a professional learning section on this website. If this class has taught me anything, it has taught me that I can not do this on my own. The more people realize this, the better our education system will become. I am so excited to start expanding my personal and professional learning network. ALEX is a great start for all educators.

1 comment:

  1. I already used this website for an assignment in one of my classes. I know once I become a teacher I will definitely visit it again, it is very resourceful!

    ReplyDelete